Skana Aluminum Company continues a long history of aluminum manufacturing in North America and along the Wisconsin lake shore. This history extends back to the 1900’s, beginning with the formation of the Aluminum Goods Manufacturing Company and the subsequent establishment of the branded “MIRRO” cookware product line in 1917.
In 1983 the company was sold to Newell/Rubbermaid and subsequently shuttered in 2000.
In 2009, with the rolling mill assets suddenly available, Thomas Testwuide, Sr. and four friends came to Manitowoc to see and hear his dream to “purchase, revitalize and operate the shuttered rolling mill”, bringing it back to life.
By 2010 the group completed its acquisition, renaming the mill as Skana Aluminum Company. With doors opening for business on April 14, 2010, Skana began hiring and turning on the equipment. On July 6th the new company cast its first aluminum slab.
The vision was further extended when Skana Aluminum purchased the assets of Scott Aluminum in Clarksburg, WV. These assets provided additional Cold Mill and slitting capacity along with a solid and knowledgeable workforce.
Today Skana Aluminum employs over 200 people, supports many industries
with five common aluminum alloys, and is investing in its future
to build a long-term, sustainable operation.